Tuesday, December 4, 2007

final project time

This final project has become quite the process. First I just wanted to tell a story a story about a boy and a story about a girl. Then my actor weren't copoperating so I had to alter that. But then I was thinking to myself, what art, what music what ANYTHING do you like best? My favorite music, favorite art, favorite freaking TSHIRT is connected to politics in some way. So I thought that I might as well make a statement with my own art. When the boy part of the boy meets girl story line didn't materialize my friend jokingly said, why don't you use two girls. And I thought, huh that would be quite the twist. And the rest sort of just materialized from there. My final is still going to tell a love story. Full of what most love stories have, the meeting, love, doubt and love conquering all. But with a purpose. It will be a statment about all love, gay or straight. And the beauty of every kind of love. I also decided, to add to my statement, I needed a song. What better artist to include in my statement but ANI DIFRANCO.


Side track on Ani D. She is basically my hero in not so many words. In the early 90s she was offered a sell-out big corporate contract. She rejected that and started her own called "Righteous Babe Records." Beyond that she has been a large part of the women's rights movement here as well as the human rights movement abroad. Plus her lyrics kick ass and take names when it comes to FEMINISM, Civil Liberties, GLBT Rights and basically liberalism in general. Ok enough of the Ani rant.


So I think that I am either going to include lines of the song "Shameless" with the photos, or just be playing it. Or both.



I just hope no one takes extreme offense to my work. Or to be blunt just sees it as like "hot lesbian action." Actually I would be with someone taking offense to it, just as long as they don't disrespect it. Whatever I am probably just some crazy bleeding heart liberal trying to save the world. anyways. lol

No comments: