Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So my project pretty much kicks ass

I just wrote my artist statement, I am not quite sure it is what an artist statement should but, but it makes me happy. I hate going to museums and the artist statement is so undescriptive that it doesn't give me any hints to what the artist was thinking. I will be looking at a painting, seeing something odd, wondering what the artist was thinking, beccause I think that is what is most interesting. What was going on in the artist head that made him or her do what they did. But in museums most artist statements just give us the title, artist, materials and where it was created. I mean if you give me a blank canvass, with a blue square on it, that's fine, but please at least give me hints as to what you were going for! And I get that everyone is suppose to interpret it as they will. But I want to do that, and then know what the artist intended on doing. Also all art should have a title, if you put the time and energy into creating something. Have the decency to give it a name!

So now I am listening to Ani Difranco and channeling all of the awesome energy in knowing that my project is DONE. And all that stands behi
nd me and the end of this semester is finishing another paper....but that is doing nothing for me and my energy. I hope that I continue to take pictures next semester. I am afraid that with out assignments, or goals or some one to sit down and say "here, look at what I did" I won't get much use out of my camera. But then again I make all my housemates sit down and have "kristen photo time." 



Ani Difranco

I fight with love
and laugh with rage.
You've got to live light enough
to see the humor
And long enough to see some change 

:-)



Side story about cons: 

So ya actually out of my eight friends at stonehill (ya 8 pretty much sums it up) Out of me and my 3 closest friends, three of use wear cons. Which is really funny considering we always make fun of packs of girls who all wear Ugs. But its ok we have decided that 

cons > Ugs


No comments: